AYALA MALLS ULTIMATE SUMMER SQUAD
Duration: April 24 to June 4, 2017
Participating Ayala Malls:
Alabang Town Center, Solenad, Ayala Malls Southpark, Glorietta, Greenbelt, Circuit Makati, Bonifacio High Street, Market! Market!, TriNoma, UP Town Center, Fairview Terraces, Harbor Point, and Marquee Mall.
Ultimate Summer Squad is an Ayala Malls’ initiative to encourage people to come out and play this summer. Promoting teamwork while having fun, participants will have to go through an obstacle course composed of two giant inflatables with four wacky activities that they have to complete together.
To add to the challenge and rally the communities surrounding Ayala Malls, malls are classified per area – South, Makati, BGC, Q.C., and North. Each area will hold an elimination round and will have four winning squads except for BGC which will only have three (3) winning squads. Nineteen squads (4 winners for Makati, Q.C., South, North, and 3 winners for BGC) will then compete in the final Ultimate Summer Squad challenge for a chance to win a group summer getaway.
MECHANICS & GUIDELINES: HOW TO JOIN
1. Interested participants must form a squad composed of four members.
2. All members of the squad must be 18 years old and above and physically fit to go through the obstacles.
3. Pregnant women, people with disabilities and other medical conditions (i.e. heart problems, severe asthma, etc) will not be permitted to join as safety is considered an utmost priority.
4. Once they have a squad, one member (the chosen squad leader), will fill-up and submit an online application form through www.ayalamallsultimatesummersquad.com.
5. He or she will be asked to indicate the other squad members’ names and birthdates.
6. Squads must also upload a photo in JPG or PNG format (not more than 2MB) with their best “a-game” faces on and provide a short explanation as to why they should be the next Ayala Malls’ Ultimate Summer Squad.
7. A squad must choose and represent only one mall. Multiple application for different malls for the same squad will not be counted.
8. After the squads have chosen the mall they will represent, they will then choose a date of competition.
9. Deadline for submission of entries and preliminary judging are as follows:
10. The short message and uploaded squad photo will be the determining factors as to why they were chosen with criteria as follows:
a. 70% Creativity on the message and photo pose
b. 30% How they represent the mall value proposition
11. The chosen squads will receive a confirmation email and text message from a mall representative that they have been chosen to compete in the elimination round. This announcement will also be made public via social media platforms – Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
All members of the chosen squad who were listed in the application form must be available during the dates of the elimination round. Substitutes are not allowed.
12. The top 4 squads with the fastest time in the elimination round in each area will advance to the championship round and will receive tokens in the form of Sandbox tickets.
13. The Championship will be held on MarQuee Mall, Pampanga on June 4, 2017 (Sunday)
14. The top 3 squads with the fastest time in the championship round will be declared the winners and will receive the following prizes:
a. Third Place – an overnight stay in Seda Hotel Nuvali and a full day pass at
Republic Wake Park Nuvali (good for 4)
a. Second Place – a 3D/2N stay in Balay Cogon, Sicogon with airfare (good for 4)
b. First Place – a 3D/2N stay in Casa Kalaw, El Nido, Palawan with airfare (good
15. All prizes are valid for one year from date of issuance. Prizes are transferable but not convertible to cash.
16. Airline will depend on the chosen flight schedule of the winning participants and will either be Air Swift or Cebu Pacific Air (Economy class)
17. The prizes will be awarded right after the Championship Round on June 4, 2017, at 8:00PM.
Per DTI FTEB Permit No. 4986, Series of 2017
SPECIFIC GAME MECHANICS:
1. There are two rounds in the Ultimate Summer Squad challenge – the elimination round and the championship round.
2. The elimination round details are as follows:
3. All members of the chosen squad who were listed in the application form must be available during the dates of the elimination round. Substitutes are not allowed.
4. On competition day, squads will be required to sign-in / check-in as early as 11:00AM up to 12:45PM at the front desk of the event area to confirm their attendance
5. Schedule for competition day is as follows:
10:45AM – 12:45PM : Free Play (open to public for everyone to try and play)
12:50PM – 1:00PM : Break
1:00PM – 4:00PM : Game Proper
4:00PM – 4:30PM : Break
4:30PM – 7:30PM : Game Proper
7:30PM – 7:45PM : Tally and Report Consolidation
7:50PM – 8:00PM : Announcement of Winning Squads
6. There will be six activities for the elimination round as follows:
7. Each activity will be timed. The squad with fastest OVERALL time wins.
8. In the event of a tie in the overall time, the deciding factor will be the fastest time for Activity 1.
9. After the squads have finished their run, they may choose to stay and watch the other squads compete or may leave and return for the announcement of winners.
10. The top 4 squads with the fastest time in the elimination round per area will move on to compete in the championship round (except for BGC leg which will only have 3 winning squads).
11. There will be a total of 19 squads that will compete in the championship round.
12. Since there are two days for the SOUTH, MAKATI, Q.C, and BGC legs, the winners will be announced on the SECOND day (Sunday) of the elimination round.
13. Presence is not required for the announcement of winners for the elimination round. They will be notified via email and text message that their group will advance to the championships.
14. Championship round will be held on June 4, 2017
15. On the day of the Championship Round, squads will be required to sign-in / check-in at 11:00AM at the front desk of the event area to confirm their attendance and for the briefing. Schedule for Championship Round is as follows:
11:00AM : Assembly & Briefing
12:00PM : Lunch
1:00PM – 7:00PM : Game Proper (15 squads)
7:15PM : Awarding Ceremony
16. There will be eight activities for the championship round as follows:
17. Each activity will be timed. The squad with fastest OVERALL time wins.
18. In the event of a tie in the overall time, the deciding factor will be the fastest time for Activity 1.
19. The top 3 squads with the fastest time in the championship round will be declared the winners
20. Presence is not required during the announcement of winners for the CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND.
21. All activities will be supervised in the presence of a DTI representative.
Per DTI FTEB Permit No. 4986, Series of 2017.
Per DTI FTEB Permit No. 4986, Series of 2017